Monday 31 August 2009

Friends to play with - part 1

We had friends over this weekend, so there was always someone doing something energetic and fun. On Friday night I went for a small run (4.3 miles, 1000 feet of ascent). It was largely nice, although we got rained on.

On Saturday, I went out for a road ride with Jez. He's just been cycling in the Lakes and had done 250 miles in the week. I'm not sure if that means he should have been beating me by miles, or if he should have been tired. Anyway, he didn't show me up. We did 43 miles (and 6000 feet of ascent), taking in the Roaches, Meerbrook, Wincle, the picturesque Goyt Valley, Axe Edge, Longnor and some horrible false summits from Longnor up to the Winking Man pub. Luckily, I had half a slab of marzipan to keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment